2018 Victorian Learn Local Awards
The 2018 Victorian Learn Local Awards recognise the inspirational efforts of learners, practitioners and training providers in the Learn Local education and training network.
The Victorian Learn Local Awards are held annually by the Adult, Community and Further Education Board.
The Learn Local education and training network plays a major role in the development of local individuals, businesses and communities throughout Victoria. It delivers the skills that support our economy and underpin the inclusiveness of our communities. The Awards are an opportunity to showcase this valuable work. Through the Awards we acknowledge the network’s many contributions and celebrate the success of learners, practitioners and training providers across Victoria.
The finalists for the 2018 Victorian Learn Local Awards have been announced. Congratulations to all of the successful learners, practitioners and organisations.
The Ro Allen Award – Recognising Pre-accredited Learner Excellence
- Patrizia Niceforo – Brite Institute
- David Hayes – Kew Neighbourhood Learning Centre
- Pedro Luna – Preston Reservoir Adult Community Education
Victorian Learn Local Young Pre-accredited Learner Award
- Julia Schroeder – Box Hill Institute
- Aymee Schofield – Noweyung Ltd
- Peatami Tommy Nikau – Zoe Support Australia
Victorian Learn Local Pre-accredited Pathway Program Award
- Enterprising Communities – Ballarat Neighbourhood Centre
- Success for study – Community College Gippsland
- Prepare for Work–Service Stars – Kensington Neighbourhood House
Victorian Learn Local Practitioner Award
- Robyn Spandonide* – Loddon Campaspe Multicultural Services
Victorian Learn Local Creating Local Solutions Award
- Kick start your Career in Health – Noweyung Ltd
- Indigenous Social Enterprise – The Basin Community House
- Local Industry – Local Workforce – Wyndham Community and Education Centre
Victorian Learn Local Collaboration Award
- Taster in Horticulture Partnership with Kew Cemetery – Kew Neighbourhood Learning Centre
- Manningham Learns – A Strategic Alliance – Pines Learning, Park Orchards Community House and Learning Centre and Living and Learning @ Ajani
Learn Local Legends Awards
Preston Reservoir Adult Community Education (PRACE)
Nominated by ACFE North Western Metropolitan Regional Council
Bendigo Neighbourhood Hub
Nominated by ACFE Loddon Mallee Regional Council
Springvale Learning and Activities Centre (SLAC)
Nominated by ACFE Southern Metropolitan Regional Council
Heyfield Community Resource Centre
Nominated by ACFE Gippsland Regional Council
Glen Park Community Centre Inc.
Nominated by ACFE Eastern Metropolitan Regional Council
Tatura Community House
Nominated by ACFE Hume Regional Council
Nhill Neighbourhood House
Nominated by ACFE Grampians Regional Council
Nominated by ACFE Barwon South Western Regional Council
*Only one practitioner met the criteria to be considered a finalist in this category.
Learn Local Awards presentation dinner
This year’s winners will be announced at a presentation dinner which will take place on the evening of Thursday 30 August 2018 at the Pullman Melbourne Albert Park.
There are a limited number of tickets available to be purchased for the event. All tickets include the Award presentation ceremony, arrival drinks and canapés and a two-course dinner. Additional drinks will be available for purchase at the bar.
The evening promises to be a memorable one, with an inspiring line-up of award finalists and creative services sourced from the Learn Local network.
WHEN: Thursday 30 August 2018, 6.30pm arrival for 7pm start / 10.30pm finish
VENUE: Grand Ballroom, Pullman Melbourne Albert Park, 65 Queens Road, Melbourne VIC 3004
COST: Single ticket at $50 each / Table of 10 for $450
DEADLINE: Ticket sales will close at 5pm on Monday 20 August 2018.
Previous Award winners
To read about previous winners see: Previous Learn Local Award Winners
For more information, please contact the Victorian Learn Local Awards team at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 7022 0045.