The Victorian Learn Local Awards are held annually by the Adult, Community and Further Education (ACFE) Board and celebrate the success of individuals, programs and training providers across Victoria.
This year the Awards celebrates its 15th anniversary. Since 2006, the Awards have represented the Learn Local spirit and been a highlight on the sector’s calendar.
Through ACFE Board-funded pre-accredited programs (Learn Local courses), the Learn Local sector plays a pivotal role in ensuring Victorians develop the core skills they need for study, work, and life. Core skills includes literacy, numeracy, English language, employability and digital skills.
Nominations now open
Nominations for the 2021 Learn Local Awards are now open.
This year there are eight general awards with a total prize pool of up to $84,000. Nominations closed on Wednesday 8 September 2021.
Key dates for the Awards
- Nominations have now closed
- Shortlisting September
- All nominees notified Week of Monday 4 October
- Finalists announced Early October
- Finalist interviews (virtual) Week of Monday 10 October
- Week of Monday 17 October, if required
Winners announced at Gala Event Friday 3 December
Prize pool and Award categories
- The Ro Allen Award – Learn Local Pre-accredited Learner (Skills for study and life)
- Victorian Learn Local Pre-accredited Learner (Skills for work) Award
For Trainers and Leaders
- Victorian Learn Local Pre-accredited Trainer Award
- Victorian Learn Local Leadership Award
For Learn Local Programs
- Victorian Learn Local Pre-accredited Program Award (small provider)
- Victorian Learn Local Pre-accredited Program Award (large provider)
- Victorian Learn Local Innovation Award
- Victorian Learn Local Partnerships Award
Further information on all categories, prizemoney, free writing assistance and more is available on the Awards website: https://www.vic.gov.au/learn-local-awards