The 2020 Victorian Learn Local Awards recognise the inspirational efforts of learners, practitioners and training providers in the Learn Local sector. They are held annually by the Adult, Community and Further Education Board.
The Learn Local sector plays a major role in the development of local individuals, businesses and communities throughout Victoria. It delivers the skills that support our economy and underpin the inclusiveness of our communities.
The Awards are an opportunity to showcase this valuable work. Through the Awards we acknowledge the sector’s many contributions and celebrate the success of learners, practitioners and training providers across Victoria.
Finalists and winners
Congratulations to all of the successful learners, practitioners and organisations.
The Ro Allen Award – Recognising Pre-accredited Learner Excellence
- Colleen Forbes
- Jason Barbour
- Haylee Macintosh
Victorian Learn Local Young Pre-accredited Learner Award
- Bryanna Paynter-Harvie
- Rebecca Cupitt
- Georgia Benham
Victorian Learn Local Practitioner Award
- Vivian Della Valle – CAE
- Susan West – Cire Services
- Michelle Harrison – Phillip Island Community & Learning Centre / Women Connect
Victorian Learn Local Volunteer Team Award
- Rosewall Neighbourhood Centre
- Zoe Support Australia
Victorian Learn Local Pre-accredited Pathway Program Award
- The Centre for Continuing Education – Getting There
- Sandybeach Centre – Mentoring
- PRACE – Carpentry Trade Taster
Victorian Learn Local Creating Local Solutions Award
- Heyfield Community Resource Centre – Kick Start your Career in the Health Industry
- Wyndham Neighbourhood Hubs
- Wellsprings for Women – Cultural Cuisines
Victorian Learn Local Collaboration Award
- Cloverdale Community Centre – The Gordon TAFE Collaboration
- The Centre for Continuing Education and Open Door Neighbourhood House – Pathways 2 Possibilities
- Kew Neighbourhood Learning Centre and Burke and Beyond
People’s Choice Awards
- Pre-accredited Pathway program – The Centre for Continuing Education – Getting There program
- Creating Local Solutions – Wellsprings for Women – Cultural Cuisines program
- Collaboration Award – Kew Neighbourhood Learning Centre, Bourke and Beyond Collaboration
Innovation in a time of COVID Award
- Learn Local Practitioner/individual Delivering Innovation Outcomes – Leslie Snart, Laverton Community Education Centre
- Learn Local Program Delivering Innovative Outcomes – Digital matters program – Phillip Island Community and Learning Centre
- Learn Local Program Delivering Innovative Outcomes – Wellsprings for Women and Glen Eira Adult Learning Centre
For more information, please contact the Victorian Learn Local Awards team at email@example.com.